Ages and Stages (ASQ’s)
Are you interested in how your child is developing?
- We can help parents ensure that their children are learning and growing in a healthy and effective manner. Our ASQ’s are free to all parents with children ages 0 – 60 months old.
- It is exciting and rewarding to see your child learn and grow, just like a regular visit to the eye doctor or dentist, it is important to have a developmental check-up for your child. With the assistance of a Parent Link facilitator, parents and children can participate in a simple screening that captures their child’s stages of development.
Ages and Stages Developmental Check-up (4 – 60 months)
- We offer, as a Parent Link Center, the Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) which is a developmental screening tool that looks at the areas of communication, fine motor, gross motor, personal social and problem solving.
Why is Monitoring Child Development Important?
- The first 5 years of life are very important because this time sets the stage for success in school and later adulthood. This is optimal time for your child to learn through play and experiences. It is important to ensure that each child’s development is proceeding without problems during this period.
The Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ):
- Communication: looks at the child’s language skills, both what he/she understands and what he/she can say.
- Gross motor: looks at large muscle movement and coordination.
- Fine motor: looks at hand and finger movement and coordination.
- Problem solving: looks at how the child plays with toys and the child’s problem-solving skills.
- Personal social: looks at the child’s self-help skills and interactions with others.
- An Overall section addresses general parental concerns.
The Ages and Stages Questionnaire: Social-Emotional (ASQ-SE):
- Complements the ASQ by providing information specifically addressing the social and emotional behavior of children rangingin age from 3 to 66 months.
- The ASQ:SE has separate questionnaires for 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 48 and 60 months of age.
- The ASQ:SE is completed by parents and caregivers.
For more information please call 780-489-2243